A career in sales is a very rewarding, comfortable occupation. While you don’t have to be born into it, you do have to learn to manage your accounts and pipeline for success.
Benefits of a Sales Role
Some of the benefits include:
- You can set your own hours. Depending on the role, you may even work from anywhere
- Good Money
- Experienced reps can make $1million per year at the high end
- Rush of the Hunt
- For many, the rush of closing the deal after chasing the client is remarkable experience
- Solving Problems
- You don’t just sell a product, but a solution
- Entrepreneur Lifestyle
- Use your skills, be your own boss, and take charge of you path
- Personal Creativity
- While most roles have preferred scripts and procedures, there is a lot of room for creativity
Make It Your Own
While you may be picturing a car salesman with a nerdy tie and a high pressure manager, that is a bygone era. From inside sales roles responding to warm inbound leads to the entrepreneurial style of an outside team, there is a role for you. You can also choose what you sell. From airplanes to office snacks, combine your passion for a product with the lifestyle and live the dream.
Many professionals we have worked with here at Saalun speak to the creativity they have in accomplishing their professional goals. While quota goals are often supplemented by lead or new account goals, the variety of tools available allow you to create your own method of engagement, tracking, and time management.
If you love the rush of the hunt, the satisfaction of closing the deal, and building relationships with people, you are in the right place. Start living the dream.